Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Challenge Week 6: Our Health


Last Week
Merry Christmas!!! I know it was a crazy week with Christmas and all, so I'm sure I didn't get too many followers who were focused on Organizing their homes last week!! I was in the process of moving so it was more pick up, pack, and clean out than "organizing my home." But for my future home here in Oklahoma, I will have to get back to my normal routine!!
You can even implement some of the basic ideas in last week's post at the beginning of the year, once everything settles down from the holidays, and you are left with a huge cleanup job from all the parties, houseguests, and opening presents!!

This week

We are at the end of our 6 week Being Intentional Challenge!!! I hope you have read through these posts, and have been able to take away some helpful tips and challenges in regards to your relationship with God, marriage, parenting, relationships with others, organization of your home, and then this week, health. Life does get so crazy, and with all the schedules, lists, mundane tasks, errands, and commitments, it is easy to get away from what's important. I have really come to see that if I don't commit to being intentional about something in my life, chances are it will not just happen on its own. That's why it's important as stay at home moms, that we make the important things a priority, and let the other tasks fall into place around the important things, and people, in our lives.
The last area we will be tackling in our 6 week challenge is the area of our health. I don't know about you, but this is a perfect time to focus on health, our bodies, and shedding some weight. Every fall/winter, I get all nostalgic, which means the cold weather and being stuck in the house just makes me want to cook, eat, and repeat. Cook, eat, repeat. I just can never get enough of the comfort food, holiday baking, and warm drinks. And it shows when I can't get into most of my jeans!! So appropriately enough, with the first of the year right around the corner, I'd like to challenge myself to eating healthier, working out regularly, and saying "no" to all the holiday food that's still sitting around. For me, I still have to be reasonable or else I will resist everything, and then follow it with a binge.

Challenge

I just want to say, that I will be participating in this challenge, and with posting here on this blog, I will have accountability!!! So for anyone who wants to join this last health challenge, just comment on this post, write me on Facebook, or email me at steph4given@yahoo.com, and we can all keep each other motivated!!
So for 30 days, starting January 1st, we can all make a list of 4 goals. You can write one goal under each of 4 areas: Eating goal, Exercise goal, saying "no" goal, and a Weight Loss goal (if appropriate.) If you are really motivated, you could add more than 1 goal to each area, but for starters, and for something realistic, I would say 1 thing will suffice. So for example, mine will be:

Eating Goal: To practice portion control at each meal, get at least 3 servings fruit/veg a day. Exercise Goal: Do some sort of workout 5 days/week.
Saying "no" Goal:
No soda for 30 days.
Weight Loss Goal:
To lose at least 5 lbs in 30 days.

So for 30 days, this will be my goal list. I may not be perfect each day, but these are my goals. If you would like to join this challenge, then you can leave a comment (as mentioned before) and/or send me your challenge list, and we can encourage each other!! I am also hoping to get back to my Maximize Your Mornings challenge, and this will really help with discipline, having scheduled time to workout, and getting other things done before the kids are up!!

I really hope some people join this challenge, because having accountability always helps with motivation. It is really hard after the holidays to start saying no to all the food that is still lingering in the kitchen; believe me I know!! But I want to start making choices that positively affect my overall health, lower my weight, and make me feel better. I am excited to start going to the YMCA to workout, get back to running, and hopefully take up the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels that I started last month and didn't get a chance to finish!!

Recap
  1. Make a list of 4 goals.
  2. Leave a comment joining the challenge!
  3. Send me your goal list, if desired, so we can keep each other accountable!

If you would like to read any of the previous posts on the Being Intentional Challenge, here are the links. Otherwise, look forward to a new look for my blog, coming soon!!!

Challenge Week 1: Relationship with God
Challenge Week 2: Marriage
Challenge Week 3: Parenting
Challenge Week 4: Relationships with Others
Challenge Week 5: Organization of Your Home

No comments:

Post a Comment