Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Creamy Corn and Zucchini

I made this wonderful little number for our church 4th of July barbeque!! Right when I saw the picture of it in a magazine, I bookmarked it in my mind to make it for the 4th of July. And it delivered!! After I put all the ingredients together, I couldn't figure out if I was suppose to serve it hot or cold. But I put it in the fridge until serving time. I thought I was suppose to serve it warm, but it was so hot that night that I didn't want to warm it up. And I'm so glad I didn't! It tasted really good cold and went really well with other barbeque food! But just beware, this is suppose to serve 8 people, and it looks like 8 people could take about 2 bites. The full amount filled less than half of a small serving bowl. So if you are feeding more than 4-6 people, I would double it. Enjoy!!

Creamy Corn and Zucchini
Kraft Foods
Food and Family

2 Tbs. Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
2 cups fresh corn kernels
1 zucchini, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 cup Kraft Mexican style shredded four cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia (I just used Mexican Cheese from Aldi's!!)
1/2 cup sour cream
3 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro

1. Heat the dressing in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add vegetables; cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in cheese and sour cream; cook on medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through, stirring frequently.
3. Top with bacon and cilantro.

Drizzle with a squeeze of fresh lime juice before serving. 


Like I said, it appears that you would serve this warm, but it tasted great cold, and if you are eating outside when it's really hot, it might be a good idea to serve it cold!! It's very tasty and flavorful!!





Happy Summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment