Monday, January 23, 2012

Oatmeal Waffles

I try to make one special hot breakfast a week on one of Tad's days off. On this particular morning, I decided to make waffles in the waffle maker, but quickly realized I was out of the pre-made mix. I went to find an easy recipe to whip up real quick, and found a winner!! The waffles I found had a high rating on allrecipes.com, which is always something I look for, so I decided to try it! It sounded pretty healthy, so I was hoping it would taste good, lol. My family all loved it and my sister and brother-in-law ended up coming over that morning and said they were really good. We followed the instructions on the recipe and topped them with vanilla yogurt and fresh strawberries. Strawberries have been on sale at Aldi's lately so I have been buying them up and having them as part of my breakfast every morning!!

Oatmeal Waffles
Allrecipes.com


1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
1 Tbs. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
6 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons brown sugar

1. In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; set aside. In small mixing bowl, stir together eggs, milk, butter and brown sugar. Add to flour mixture; stir until blended. Pour batter on to grids of preheated, lightly greased waffle iron.

The rest is pretty much self-explanatory according to your waffle iron and how fast it cooks waffles. You and your family will love this easy, tasty breakfast!! And the best part is you probably already have all the ingredients on hand!! You can top with yogurt and fresh fruit or syrup and powdered sugar, or all of the above!! Or whatever you like! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These sound delicious! I definitely use the highest rated recipes from AllRecipes too, haha!

    ReplyDelete