Friday, May 13, 2011

Chocolate Trifle

Let's just say: Death By Chocolate. I have slowly realized how much of a chocoholic I am lately. I crave not just sweets but chocolate!! This dessert is the perfect combination of chocolates too: chocolate pudding, brownies, chocolate shavings, with whipped cream in between...yum!
I first made this several years ago to bring to a potluck dinner, and it was a big hit! The only thing I often forget is that it is suppose to refrigerate 8 hours before serving. But I think 4 hours, or even 2 hours would suffice. It's really just making the layers all evenly cold, nothing more. I would even eat it as soon as it was assembled. But don't tell anyone!!
This is yet again another recipe from allrecipes.com. So I will provide the link, and also the recipe here on the blog. Make this for your next dinner party, and you will be sure to impress! If it makes it to the dinner party and you don't eat it all beforehand!

Chocolate Trifle
Allrecipes.com

1 (19.8 oz) pkg. brownie mix
1 (3.9 oz) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup water
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (12 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (1.5 oz) bar chocolate candy

1. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
2. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water, and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain.
3. In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.


You really won't be able to resist this dessert. In fact, every time I make it, I make little, tiny bowls of the brownies, pudding mixture, and whipped topping to enjoy before I serve it. It really is decadent. And scrumptious. And whatever other words mean drooling, tasty goodness!!
And as always, enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. YES!! I've made literally this exact same trifle a zillion times and it's freaking AMAZING every time! :) We use heath bars instead of chocolate candy, and a lot of the time, I'll make homemade pudding and brownies too! Sooo sooo good! I like hearing that you're becoming more of a chocoholic! Welcome to the club:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's an amazing club!!

    ReplyDelete