Friday, January 7, 2011

Beef Nachos


I made these beef nachos one night as an appetizer before our Mexican dinner. We were starving!! I got these done before our dinner was close to being ready, and we finished them pretty fast!! Tad said they were the best nachos he has ever had!! The meat mixture of beef and refried beans with the tomatoes is so tasty!! The combination of seasonings, and then the melted cheese, of course, are just right!! I am totally one for fresh toppings, especially scallions, so those make these nachos for me!! But Tad really likes the addition of jalapenos too, which I include on his half!! Better make enough of these nachos, they will be gone in no time!! It would be a great Super Bowl appetizer!!


Beef Nachos

Adapted from Weight Watchers
Tortilla Chips
6 oz. ground beef
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. table salt
3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes (w/ adobe or chipotle, really any flavor you like!)
2/3 cup canned refried beans
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup scallions
2 medium jalapenos, diced (remove seeds unless you want it really hot!!)

1. Preheat the broiler. Arrange the chips onto a baking sheet so that they are in an even layer.
2. Brown the beef in a skillet, season with oregano, salt, and then stir in tomatoes and beans.
3. Cook until heated through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Spoon meat mixture over chips, sprinkle with the cheddar cheese, and put under the broiler until the cheese melts - about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Make sure you watch it!!
5. Remove from the broiler, sprinkle with scallions and jalapenos. Add whatever else you would like (cilantro, sour cream, other cheeses, diced tomatoes, etc.) Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Stephanie! I was just talking to my sis and checking her Facebook for her and remembered I hadn't checked your blog in awhile. I love reading it! These nachos look delicious and now I'm starving! Gonna have to try them for sure! Hope all is well after your big move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, good to hear from you!! Tell your sis I said hi! It's been so long! You will love these nachos if you try them! Hope you enjoy!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete