Monday, May 10, 2010

Blackberry Cobbler

"You're doing a great job with weight loss." You're thinking. "You post how much you'd like to lose weight, and then you post a recipe for Blackberry Cobbler."


Well, thanks for noticing.


It had been a hard day, with 2 crazy kids, Tad at work, and it was Mother's Day.


It was nice to finally make this cobbler that I had been looking forward to making.


Judah wouldn't sleep, Maddy got bit by a dog (it broke the skin and left teeth marks down her little nose), Maddy threw my cell phone off of the top of the playground equipment, we went to the grocery store and I had to hold Judah, balance my groceries on the stroller and make sure Maddy wasn't running away from me, went home, started making this cobbler, realized I forgot to get milk and it was needed for the cobbler, went back to the store to get milk, came home and made cobbler. Phew!!! And note: Maddy didn't get any since she threw the cell phone off the playground tower.


So don't judge. I'm made this cobbler and there isn't anything you can do about it. Except, maybe make it yourself.




It was ooooh so good. Both kids were in bed, it came warm out of the oven, Jess is here visiting and we just spooned that cold French vanilla ice cream right on top of the warm cobbler with a little crisp on top. My mouth is watering just writing this.






It was divine, and I won't tease you anymore. Here is the recipe! Make it to end your bad day on a good note!!


Pioneer Woman's Blackberry Cobbler


(She calls it Patsy's Blackberry Cobbler and it's in her cookbook)


1/4 pound (1 stick) butter, melted


1 1/4 cups plus 2 Tbs. sugar


1 cup self-rising flour


1 cup milk


2 cups fresh (or frozen, I used fresh) blackberries (or other fruit)


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 3 quart baking dish with butter. I used a 9 inch baking dish and that worked fine. Didn't know exactly if that was a 3 quart dish but it worked!!


2. Whisk 1 cup of sugar with the flour and milk.


3. Whisk in the melted butter.


4. Pour the batter into the baking dish.


5. Rinse the blackberries and pat dry. Sprinkle the blackberries evenly over the top of the batter.


6. Sprinkly 1/4 cup sugar over the blackberries.


7. Bake for 1 hour, or until the top is golden brown and bubbly. When there are 10 more minutes of cooking time, sprinkle the last 2 Tbs. of sugar over the top. (you might want to cut back on the sugar, it seemed like there was a little too much.)



Beautiful, isn't it?? Serve with ice cream, whipped cream, coffee, etc. Whatever suits your fancy! And beware, it won't last long in your house!!




2 comments:

  1. Hey Steph I tried this last night and oh it is soooo yummy!!! And.........it is GONE!! And no one ate it but me and Travis! LOL But, I had to pull it out of the oven at 50 minutes. It was starting to turn dark brown around the edges. Maybe next time I make it I will put the rack down a little lower? Plus it is my new oven so am still learning how to use an oven that works properly....lol. Thanks for the recipe!! I will make this one over and over!! And....I forgot the ice cream!

    ReplyDelete