Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pumpkin French Toast


I'm not gonna pretend that this is my favorite recipe or anything, but for those of you who like french toast (I do not) then this recipe might be for you!! Tad is a huge lover of french toast, and I usually only make it for him on his birthday!! But this year, I was running out of ideas to use up my last bit of pumpkin, and I got this recipe in an email, so I thought I would whip it up for breakfast one morning. Tad said he couldn't decide if he liked this recipe or the other recipe I made for his birthday better, which was overnight baked french toast, which I'll have to give you the recipe for later!! He loved both of them! Enjoy!!

Pumpkin French Toast allrecipes.com
8 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 Tbs. white sugar
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
1 loaf Texas toast thick-sliced bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
1 Tbs. butter, softened

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 by 13 pan.
2. Whisk the eggs, vanilla extract, 2 tsp of cinnamon, the cloves, nutmeg, and white sugar together in a bowl; beat in the pumpkin and mix well.
3. Arrange the bread cubes in the pan in a single layer in the baking dish; pour the pumpkin mixture over the top, and mix to coat.
4. Stir 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/4 tsp of cinnamon, flour, and butter together with a fork in a small bowl until it is crumbly and sprinkle over the top of the bread cubes.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.

Drizzle with syrup and you are good to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment