Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Appetizer Cheese Ball

Growing up, we would always go to my Grandma's house for holidays and she would prepare an amazing, fancy feast of food for us! I feel like I inherited her love of cooking!! I still compare recipes with her, talk about what we are cooking for the holidays, ask her cooking questions, and have slowly been collecting some of my favorite of her recipes!! Although the recipe for this cheese ball isn't hers, I always remember at family events that she would have this cute little appetizer table out, with a cheese ball, crackers, nuts and a nutcracker, and triskets. It is my childhood!! So for holidays, I like to make a cheese ball, and it always makes me think of my family and miss them!! I have made this cheese ball a couple of times, and it is really good!

Yummy Cheese Ball
Allrecipes.com

1 pound bacon
2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 green onion, chopped
1 cup chopped pecans

1. In a large skillet fry the bacon. Remove the bacon from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Chop or break the cooled bacon into small pieces.
2. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, bacon, mayonnaise, and green onions. When mixed well, form 2 balls out of the mixture. Cover and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours, or overnight.

3. Before serving, roll the cheese balls in the chopped pecans.

The nice thing about this recipe, is if you are preparing it for a holiday or get-together, you can make it days ahead and then just roll it in the pecans before you serve it! I served it for Thanksgiving, and since there were lots of kids and picky eaters, I didn't roll one of them in pecans. Everyone really enjoyed them with crackers!!

Perfect, easy appetizer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment