Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Homemaker MIA

As many of you know, we moved from Chicago to Oklahoma about 2 months ago. We decided to move in with my in-laws until Tad got settled into a job and we found a place to live. Though it was a nice break from the mountain of responsibilities when you are in your own place and doing all the work yourselves, I miss it!!
Maybe I'm a dork, but I do love taking care of a home. I'm not saying that I don't ever get overwhelmed or stressed out, or that I don't ever wish I had more help, but in general, I love everything that goes into making a house a home. I actually like cleaning, cooking, decluttering, dishes, vacuuming, laundry, picking up toys, etc. Maybe not every single thing is my favorite, but I enjoy the process of making my house a nice, relaxing, organized place to be. Chaos frustrates me. I do need to remember that small children make lots of chaos, and to let go when I need to!! But the more I can keep up on things around the house, the more relaxing it is for me to be in it!
I will be posting more pictures soon, but for now we are unpacking, moving our last little bit over to the house, and getting ready to move in on Thursday of this week! I am enjoying putting things away, setting up the rooms, and anticipating what our lives will be like in our new humble abode!!
I'm excited about getting back into our schedule, our routines, and starting afresh in a new place! I'm excited for Maddy and Judah to have their own rooms, to see their faces when they see them all set up, and to cook my first meal in my new kitchen (which is adorable, by the way!!).
It will be so refreshing to have our own space again, to have a place for just our family, and to really feel like it's official that we moved to Oklahoma!!
Praise God that Tad's job is going well, I have a possible stay-at-home job opportunity, and the kids have adjusted well. We are finally all healthy again, and I have made several new mom friends that have been fun to get to know!!
I hope this update gives you a little peek into our lives right now!! I hope you all are doing well and feel free to contact me anytime!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way with enjoying taking care of the house and such. I never thought I would be like this, but I sure am. :)

    Look forward to hearing about your stay-at-home job opportunity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love taking care of a home too! There's just something about it being MY home and having a place of my own to decorate and set up how I like it. I'm so excited to see pictures of the inside of your new home!!!

    Love you and miss you tons!!

    ReplyDelete