Saturday, November 17, 2012

Corn Souffle

image credit

 This is one of my all-time favorite recipes and things to eat! I had it all growing up, as my grandma Crandall used to make it for lots of family functions. When I got married and started cooking, I just had to get the recipe! This corn souffle becomes everyone's favorite when they try it! This year, for Thanksgiving, I was going to try a new recipe for a corn souffle with cheese and bacon that I found in a magazine, but my sister-in-law wanted to be sure that I was going to make my corn souffle! So I just decided to make my tried and true recipe that is oh-so-good! It came from an old church cookbook, and though the ingredients will make you wince because of their lack of nutrition, you are allowed to make this recipe for special functions and you will not get penalized!! And it is seriously the easiest thing to throw together and then let it cook for an hour and a half! Let this be your new Thanksgiving side! I promise you will not be disappointed!!

Corn Souffle
Leroy Community Chapel Church Cookbook
Recipe via Kathy Keeney

2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 can whole corn, drained
1 can creamed corn
1 cup sour cream
1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)
1 pkg. Jiffy cornbread mix
salt and pepper to taste

1. Stir together the eggs, whole corn, creamed corn, sour cream, and butter.
2. Add the package of cornbread mix. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Pour into a buttered casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.

So easy, and so amazing! Try it this Thanksgiving!
So sorry for stealing the picture from Flickr; every time I make this dish I forget to take a picture of it! It goes fast!

2 comments:

  1. I know that recipe. I got it from the Eberlines in Mexico back in 1982. I'll fix it tomorrow here in Nicaragua with Ellen.
    Enjoy.
    ~J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! Yep, that recipe from that church cookbook was probably from when they were at our church in Ohio!! Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete