Friday, September 7, 2012

Zumba!

image credit
 My sister-in-law has been doing Zumba for awhile now! She kept telling me I should come visit a class, but honestly, the thought of doing a "class" kind of scared me. I'm not in the best shape, and I usually don't attend classes. When I go to workout, I usually stay in the cardio area and run on the treadmill, do the elliptical, or do some other weight machines I am comfortable with. I didn't really know what to expect with Zumba. Although, I kept hearing about it.
So, one day, my 2 sister-in-laws were going to go, so I decided I would go with them. But wouldn't you know, they both ended up not being able to go! Well, I had already planned to go, so I decided to go anyways. It is like an aerobic class, where you follow the instructor, but the dance moves are set to Latin/current pop music. It is a blast! I felt pretty lost the first day, because the moves go pretty fast and I didn't know any of them. But the more I have done it, and they repeat a lot of the songs, the more I feel comfortable with it and can anticipate some of the moves. It is a great workout, and a really fun way to workout, I must say!
 Here is a sneak peek!

I don't think it burns as many calories as the other workouts I have done, but I am definitely sweaty and tired by the end. About halfway through the class, I can always feel myself getting tired and losing energy. Of course, the classes I do are in the evenings, and by then I have had the kids all day by myself, and have done school with Maddy, and hopefully have cleaned the house too!
So, I go when I can. I usually can only fit it into my schedule about once a week. But I hope to try to go more! It is so much fun, and a really nice break in my day after Tad comes home from work. I have been bringing Maddy to the Y with me, and she has a little class called "I-zone" where she can play the Wii (doing dance games) and do other things to get her energy out! I think I might even bring her in my Zumba class tonight when I go! The instructor said she can come as long as she isn't in and out! So if she gets too tired, I will just put her in her class which is right around the corner!
I am looking forward to my workout tonight! Does anyone else out there Zumba?

If you would like to read more about Zumba, click here!

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about trying a class. Like you, I haven't done many classes. I think our Park District has a Zumba class. I'll have to look into it! It sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought Zumba on the kinect for Ella. We did it everyday, and it was so fun and definitely got the sweat going!! I don't think I'd do a class. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete