Friday, August 19, 2011

Fall is Coming!!

I can't believe that summer is already ending and kids are going back to school! I also can't believe that my oldest is turning 5 in a couple days and is starting kindergarten!! I am so proud and overwhelmed with all the work I need to do to get her school year ready!! It is exciting though!! My mother-in-law gave me a bunch of homeschooling materials for kindergarten so I am piecing them together and getting ready for the year!
I do love summer, but I am always ready for the Fall to start with a more scheduled routine, getting back to extra-curricular activities, and planned days. It is nice to lay back and relax in the summer days, but I get to the point where I'm ready to get going again with a busy year! This year, we will be doing some fun things for school (which I'll include in another post), hopefully have Maddy in swim lessons, and do some other fun groups for school/field trips. It should be a fun year of learning!
I have always loved Fall with the turning of colors and especially Fall baking. Since I am starting to feel a lot better, I hope I'm up to the task of all my usual cooking/baking with Fall flavors! My pumpkin extravaganza should be underway in the next couple of months! Not to mention that with this unbearable Oklahoma heat, I am more than anxious for some cooler weather. They said it would be hot, but I never imagined how hot! It was up over 100 degrees for about 50 days or more and then we only got a few days of a break in the 90's. Being from the north I never thought I would live somewhere where I longed for winter!
I am just about into my second trimester and the new "due date" is February 24 according to ultrasound. We had an early ultrasound so we still don't know if it's a boy or a girl! The other day when I went to the doctor Maddy wondered if the baby was going to come out of my tummy! Not for a long, long time, Maddy! But it will be an exciting thing to look forward to in this upcoming year!
So, with all that said, I should probably sign off and tackle some things on my to-do list. Feel free to comment on your favorite things about Fall, some of your best Fall recipes, or what you look forward to as Fall approaches! I always read and appreciate all your comments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment